- Based at the heart of Maungawhau, Mt Eden
- Flexible working arrangements
- Summer hours (half day Fridays during daylight savings!)
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF) is a charity that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
Our people are what makes the MHF a great place to work. We are a growing whānau with a diverse range of experiences and interests. We are brimming with energy, passion and aroha for the mahi we do, and we’d love to welcome another changemaker to our team!
The role of People and Organisational Development Coordinator is a new role that works in a fast-paced environment. You will be tasked with leading the MHF’s end-to-end recruitment, onboarding and induction processes, ensuring these are followed effectively, efficiently and to best practice across the organisation. You will be a super-user with having previous experience working with Application Tracking Systems (ATS) and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) as well as managing shared email inboxes. You will also ensure that employment contracts are filed away appropriately and in a timely manner.
We are looking for someone who can get stuck into a range of people and culture, and organisational development, activities and projects to support our nurturing, supportive and vibrant workplace culture so everyone can thrive.
As the People and Organisational Development Coordinator you will also be responsible for leading and facilitating our Wellbeing, Health & Safety committee and proactively organise and promote wellbeing activities and initiatives.
You will have:
- 3+ years experience working in recruitment/HR team/function
- Have experience working with HR systems (ATS, HRIS)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan whilst still being able to adjust to constantly changing work priorities
- Able to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity of information
- Understanding of, and experience working with people from a wide range of cultures and life experiences
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and practical application
- Willingness to grow and extend knowledge of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo Māori
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer
- A vibrant, open-plan office based in the heart of Mt Eden
- A positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements, including summer hours (half-day Fridays during daylight savings)!
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
- We even help you celebrate your birthday by encouraging you to take a paid day off!
The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga - fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha - respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whānaungatanga - trusted relationships, whānau-centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti - innovation
- Toitū – sustainability.
This role sits within the Mental Health Foundation’s HR team and reports to the People & Organisational Development Manager.
The salary range for this position is $57,000 to $65,000 and will be commensurate to the successful candidate's skills and experience for the role.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness - or tāngata mātau-ā-wheako - and are an EEO employer.
The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
This role is based in our Maungawhau (Mount Eden, Auckland) office although we are currently working from home.
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete this application https://mhfnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=66. You will find a copy of the job description there.
Applicants for this role must have NZ Residency or a valid Work Visa.
The Mental Health Foundation have a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and mandate which applies to all roles. If you are successful in your job application to work at The Mental Health Foundation, you are required to comply with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 before your commencement date. This means you will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as part of the recruitment process.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 1st April at 1pm.