The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF) is a not for profit organisation that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing. We look at Mental Health and Wellbeing from a governance level, our focus lies in the full population of Aotearoa, rather than providing individual counselling services. Our whakatauki is ‘Mauri Tu, Mauri Ora’ which is creating space for, and unleashing the life force found in all things.
At the MHF whānau, we value ōritetanga (fairness and equity), and we encourage whānaungatangaand relationship building based on tika, pono and aroha (respect, truthfulness, compassion). We ensure our work is toitū (sustainable), and we value diversity in our people and our ideas, and are always striving to promote tepaetawhiti(innovation).
This role sits within the Finance and Administration Team, whose vital job is to ensure that the MHF keeps running smoothly, the office is a great place to be and the bills get paid!
Although this team often works in the background, supporting staff with the daily running of the business, they are highly valued and a very approachable and fun team. Their diverse backgrounds and skills allow them to relate to a lot of people, and they hold strong relationships across the organization.
The main purpose of this role is to support the work of MHF to creating a society where all people thrive, by providing essential and well-appreciated administration support to the leadership team and wider staff at the MHF.
This role is perfect for someone who loves building meaningful relationships, collaborating with others and who values clear and effective communication. This role will directly impact the workflow of all staff at the MHF, and being engaged and friendly will help you to do that.
You will also be preparing contract documents and reconciling receipts so a great attention to detail is a must! If you would like a role where you can flex your organisational skills and make a difference to the people around you, while supporting an amazing mission, this is it!
A week in this role will involve:
- Booking meetings, travel and venue for the Leadership Team
- Preparing contract documentation for internal and external stakeholders
- Working directly with the Leadership Team to understand their diverse needs
- Reconciling month end purchase card and taxi card receipts
- Managing shared inboxes
- Ensuring documents are filed and the filing system is kept up to date
- Collaborating with other teams on their Administration needs
- Communicating clearly to MHF staff
For a full job description click here
To do this, you will have:
- Experience in an administration, receptionist, customer service or office administration role
- Excellent organisational and time management skills – you’re renowned for your ability to juggle priorities and be flexible!
- The confidence and skill to communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse environment, while still getting your work done
- An interest in helping people and an ability to problem solve
- A learning attitude, and an interest in upskilling in your career
- The ability to answer phones in a friendly manner, talk to visitors and send emails that people love reading!
- And of course – excellent skills and experience with the Microsoft Suite
We will provide:
- Vibrant office based in the heart of Maungawhau, Mt Eden
- Flexible working policy
- Summer hours -half day Fridays during daylight saving
- Birthday leave
- Unlimited Covid sick leave
- Individual Training and development budget (up to $1000 per year)
- Top up of two weeks of the government parental leave contribution, to equal your full salary
- Opportunity to build strong networks
- Competitive and equitable salary which is reviewed annually
- The opportunity to work in a fun and engaging team The salary band for this role is $56,000 - $63,000 and will be commensurate to the successful candidate's skills and experience for the role.
At the MHF we often are confronted with difficult stories about mental health, distress and suicide. Please consider your own mental health and ability to be exposed to this information prior to applying.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness - or tāngata whai ora - and are an EEO employer. Rainbow and takatāpui candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply. The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
If this role sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you!