- Based at the heart of Maungawhau, Mt Eden
- Flexible working arrangements
- Summer hours (half day Fridays during daylight savings!)
- Vibrant and modern office space
- Competitive salary
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF) is a charity that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
We’re searching for a social media content creator to help us grow and nurture our social media community, level up our content, and ensure we stay on top of the latest trends. If you know how to create engaging content across TikTok, Instagram, Meta, Snapchat, and more, and want to use your skills to make a positive difference for people in Aotearoa, this is the role for you.
This is a new role that sits in our digital marketing team and is responsible for developing and implementing our organic social media strategy, creating compelling content including video, moderating all social posts, responding to direct messages, and testing and optimizing different social media channels to suit our audiences.
As our social media content specialist, you’ll work across all areas of our mahi including wellbeing promotion, bullying prevention and suicide prevention. You’ll create content that touches hearts and minds, tells the story of our work, and supports people through the ups of downs that life brings.
If you can make our social media shine, and are curious, creative, and collaborative we’d love to hear from you!
- Relevant experience in communications and/or marketing role with a focus on social media.
- Knowledge of multiple social media platforms and awareness of current trends + ability to create content that fits the style, tone and audience of each network.
- Understanding of algorithms and tactics for optimization across all social channels.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite including InDesign and/or Photoshop.
- Video or animation experience advantageous.
For a full job description click here
What we offer:
- A vibrant, open-plan office based in the heart of Mt Eden
- A positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements, and work from home Monday and Friday
- Half-day on Fridays during the summer daylight savings period
- A day off on your birthday and unlimited COVID sick leave
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary with equity remuneration policy
The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga - fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha - respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whanaungatanga- trusted relationships, whānau centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti - innovation
- Toitū– sustainability
The salary range for this position is $67,000 to $77,000 and will be commensurate with the successful candidate's skills and experience for the role.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness - or tāngata whai ora - and are an EEO employer. Rainbow and takatāpui candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply. The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
The Mental Health Foundation engages with a range of individuals, organisations and agencies and aligns closely with public health guidelines. As such, we strongly encourage employees and contractors to be vaccinated to help protect our team, our stakeholders, and vulnerable communities against contagious viruses such as COVID-19 and influenza.
This role is based in Auckland, and we offer working from home on Mondays and Fridays.
Applicants for this role must have NZ Residency or a valid Work Visa.
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete this application form. You can also find a copy of the job description here
Closing date for applications is Tuesday January 10, 2023, at 5 pm. As our office will be closed over the holiday period, there will be no correspondence until after the closing date.