The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF) is a not for profit organisation that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing. We look at Mental Health and Wellbeing from a governance level, our focus lies in the full population of Aotearoa, we do not provide individual counselling services. Our whakatauki is ‘Mauri Tu, Mauri Ora’ which is creating space for, and unleashing the life force found in all things.
At the MHF whānau, we value ōritetanga (fairness and equity), and we encourage whānaungatanga and relationship building based on tika, pono and aroha (respect, truthfulness, compassion). We ensure our work is toitū (sustainable), and we value diversity in our people and our ideas, and are always striving to promote te pae tawhiti (innovation).
This role sits within the Community Engagement and Health Promotion (CEHP) team, who are an experienced, compassionate and enthusiastic team who engage meaningfully in their work and provide expert knowledge to the MHF.
The team delivers an innovative and diverse set of programmes that support ‘Mauri Tu, Mauri Ora’, including suicide prevention and postvention, workplace development, schools engagement, and kaupapa Māori programmes such as Nōku te Ao: Like Minds.
The key purpose of this role is to lead four passionate and knowledgeable kaimahi in the CEHP team, to deliver on a series of exciting projects and programmes. The role reports to the General Manager of Operations.
This role has a focus on developing strong relationships and collaborating with stakeholders and funders, including Te Whatu Ora and Hapai te Hauora. Additionally, the manager will support their team to build effective and sustainable connections with community groups and Kaupapa Māori organisations.
Our new CEHP manager will also be responsible for the successful development and delivery of some innovative and unique programmes that will help to shape the future of wellbeing in Aotearoa.
Duties for this role include:
- Team management and coaching of four direct reports based across NZ
- Ensuring contract deliverables are met across a mix of government led and MHF funded programmes
- Engaging with stakeholders and funders, including Te Whatu Ora, Hapai te Hauora, Farmstrong, Pause Breath Smile, lived experience communities, and Kaupapa Māori organisations
- Management of programme budgets
- Contract Reporting
- Strategy review and development
- Collaborating with MHF teams to provide a community engagement perspective on projects and programmes
For a full job description click here.
You will have:
- The ability to coach and lead a diverse team
- Strong relationship management experience
- Experience with programme development
- knowledge of Te Ao Māori and tikanga Māori and commitment to keep learning in that space
- Good understanding of public health and population health approaches as they apply to mental health and wellbeing
- A compassionate and pragmatic approach to work
- Clear and effective communicator
- Passion for ending prejudice and discrimination
- Vibrant office based in the heart of Maungawhau, Mt Eden
- Monday and Friday work from home
- Flexible working policy
- Summer hours – half day Fridays during daylight saving
- Birthday leave
- Unlimited Covid sick leave
- Individual training and development budget (up to $1000 per year)
- Opportunity to build strong networks
- Competitive and equitable salary which is reviewed annually
- The opportunity to work in a fun and supportive team
The salary band for this role is $99,000 - $112,000 and will be commensurate to the successful candidate's skills and experience for the role.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness - or tāngata whai ora - and are an EEO employer. Rainbow and takatāpui candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply. The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
If this role sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! We are reviewing candidates as they come in, so apply now!