- Based at the heart of Maungawhau, Mt Eden
- Flexible working arrangements
- Summer hours (half day Fridays during daylight savings!)
- Vibrant and modern office space
- Competitive salary
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF) is a charity that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
Our people are what makes the MHF a great place to work. We are a growing whānau with a diverse range of experiences, many of us have lived experience of mental illness or have supported loved ones through hard times. We are brimming with energy, passion and aroha for the mahi we do, and we are looking for another changemaker to step into the role of People and Organisational Development Manager for a parental leave cover.
This role is about driving and delivering innovative and impactful people and culture initiatives. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you’ll be tasked with the continued growth and nurturing of a strong, vibrant and supportive culture where best practice people management is in place, so everyone can thrive.
This role is all about walking the talk internally. You will be responsible for culture and change management, recruitment, organisational development, learning & development, employee relations and health, safety & wellbeing. No day will be the same!
Your people management and coaching skills will be put to great use as you’ll lead a small but mighty HR team that supports the organisational development.
You’ll be an active member of the management team and your actions will drive the development of a culture that is characterised by organisation-wide thinking, collaboration, accountability, and which embodies the values of the MHF.
Key responsibilities are:
- Organising and promoting wellbeing initiatives and ensuring systems, policies and processes allow us to ‘walk the talk’ of being a workplace that supports the wellbeing of all staff
- Fostering an inclusive culture and leading the engagement survey, ensuring key metrics improve over time
- Supporting the growth of MHF with best practice recruitment processes
- Continuing the implementation of an organisational development strategy and coordinating change management processes
- Supporting leaders with performance reviews, learning and development plans and finding positive outcomes to employment relations matters
- Supporting the development of cultural competency and Te Ao Māori understanding within the organisation.
You will have:
- A degree level qualification preferably in Human Resources or Business Management and five years’ experience within HR/People and Culture Management, preferably at a leadership level
- A working knowledge of New Zealand employment law and an understanding of HR best practice
- Experience in performance management, advising managers and working in an environment of growth and change
- The ability to resolve conflict in a non-reactive way; negotiation and mediation skills and a talent for engaging and influencing people
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for working in an organisation committed to the Te Tiriti o Waitangi and to responsiveness to Māori (both staff and community).
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer
- A vibrant, open-plan office based in the heart of Mt Eden
- A positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements, including summer hours (half-day Fridays during daylight savings) and your birthday day off!
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga - fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha - respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whānaungatanga - trusted relationships, whānau-centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti - innovation
- Toitū – sustainability.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness - or tāngata mātau-ā-wheako - and are an EEO employer.
The salary range for this position is $99,000 – 118,000 and will be commensurate to the successful candidate's skills and experience for the role.
This role is based in Auckland.
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete this application: https://mhfnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=80, and there you will find a copy of the job description.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 31st August at 5pm.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.