He aha te mea nui o te ao
What is the most important thing in the world?
He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata
It is the people, it is the people, it is the people
Everyone has mental health and wellbeing and here at the Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF), we believe it is a taonga/treasure that we all need to nurture so we can lead fulfilling, meaningful lives.
We are the largest mental health charity in Aotearoa, and our mahi/work is centred around creating a kinder, safer, more inclusive and supportive society for the 1 in 5 people who experience mental illness each year.
Our people are what makes the MHF a great place to work. We are a growing whānau with a diverse range of experiences and interests. Many of us have lived experience of mental illness or have supported loved ones through hard times. We are brimming with energy, passion and aroha for the mahi we do, and we’d love to welcome another changemaker to our team!
The role of People and Organisational Development Manager is a new role, so this is a real opportunity to make your mark. The MHF is already a great place to work and we are looking for someone to help make it even better. Reporting to the General Manager of Marketing and Operations, you’ll be tasked with growing and nurturing a strong, vibrant and supportive culture where best practice people management is in place, so everyone can thrive.
Key responsibilities are:
- Organising and promoting wellbeing initiatives and ensuring systems, policies and processes allow us to walk the talk of being a workplace that supports the wellbeing of all staff
- Fostering an inclusive culture and leading the wellbeing survey, ensuring key metrics improve over time
- Leading the development of an organisational development strategy and coordinating change management processes
- Supporting leaders with performance reviews, learning and development plans and finding positive outcomes to employment relations matters
- Supporting the development of cultural competency and Te Ao Māori understanding within the organisation.
You will have:
- A degree level qualification preferably in Human Resources or Business Management and five years’ experience within HR/People and Culture Management, preferably at a leadership level
- A working knowledge of New Zealand employment law and an understanding of HR best practice
- Experience in performance management, advising managers and working in an environment of growth and change
- The ability to resolve conflict in a non-reactive way; negotiation and mediation skills and a talent for engaging and influencing people
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for working in an organisation committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and to responsiveness to Māori (both staff and community).
In return you get to be part of a caring, fun and supportive work whānau, dedicated to creating positive and meaningful change. Based in our Maungawhau/Mt Eden office, we offer flexible work arrangements and we even help you celebrate your birthday by encouraging you to take a paid day off.
The MHF actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and it is important that you have a willingness and desire to extend your knowledge of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo Māori.
We value the experiences of people with lived experience of mental health – tangata whai ora. Diversity in the workplace is important to us – we are an Equal Opportunity employer.
Visit our website (www.mentalhealth.org.nz) and click on the About tab to get some insight to our work and people.
If you’d like to apply for this role then follow this link to the online application form, there you can also see the position description and person specifications.
If you’d like to contact someone about this role, please contact Daemon (General Manager of Marketing & Operations) at 021 903 590.
Applicants for this role must have NZ Residency or a valid Work Visa.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday, 29th January 2020