The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated, collaborative and empowering leader to drive the ongoing growth and success of the organisation. If you’re a talented general manager and want to be a part of developing and strengthening the MHF’s operations, this is the role for you.
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand has an ongoing commitment to Te Tiriti through guiding and prioritising our work to support the flourishing of Māori. We are a mainstream organisation that seeks to be an effective Te Tiriti partner by making our mahi engaging and effective for Māori.
Reporting to the chief executive, and leading a small team of managers, this role is responsible for leading co-ordination and providing oversight to the development, planning and implementation of MHF projects, campaigns and programmes. It involves managing, supporting and coaching managers, and driving the development of an organisational culture that is characterised by organisation-wide thinking, collaboration, accountability, and which embodies the values of the organisation. The role will also have significant input into the organisation’s future strategy and direction.
As the general manager of operations you will be responsible for overseeing, supporting, managing, implementing and coaching. You will ensure workload is allocated appropriately, programme KPI and targets are met and provide advice and support where necessary.
Your leadership and collaboration skills and experience will be put to great use as you lead, develop and coach the team to build on their skills, and contribute towards creating an Aotearoa where all people thrive.
If you have an understanding of health issues in Aotearoa New Zealand and the impact changes in social, economic, political and environmental policy can have on those issues, we would love to hear from you.
You will have:
- In depth knowledge of operational management disciplines and practices associated with budget management, contract management, project planning and management and personnel management
- In depth knowledge of public health concepts
- Broad knowledge of social marketing methodologies, theories and practices
- A strong understanding of and proven commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Existing knowledge of and willingness to grow and extend knowledge of te ao Māori and te reo Māori.
What we offer:
- A vibrant, open-plan office based in the heart of Mt Eden
- A positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements, including summer hours (half-day Fridays during daylight savings)!
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga – fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha – respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whānaungatanga – trusted relationships, whānau-centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti – innovation
- Toitū – sustainability.
The salary range for this position is $135,000-150,000 and will be commensurate to the successful candidate's skills and experience for the role.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness - or tāngata mātau-ā-wheako - and are an EEO employer.
This role is based in Auckland.
To apply for this role please go to this link: https://mhfnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=76. You can also read a copy of the job description here.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 27th July, 2022 at 5pm.