The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF) is a charity that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
If you’re a talented and experienced corporate fundraiser or have business to business sales experience and want to be a part of an exciting opportunity to grow our corporate fundraising program, this is the role for you.
In collaboration with the Individual Giving & Relationship Team Lead, this 20hr part-time role will be responsible for developing and implementing the corporate fundraising program, including pitching, acquiring and building relationships with new corporate partners. Your role will be sales-focused, and you’ll spend a lot of time in face-to-face meetings and utilising new and existing networks to create connections and achieve fundraising targets. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in fundraising or a passion and experience in sales.
You will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in fundraising and/or similar business to business sales experience
- Experience delivering effective corporate fundraising or funding strategies and achieving financial targets
- Experience utilising networks, pitching to potential sponsors/customers and cold calling.
- Knowledge in CRM marketing and segmentation for relationship development
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of, and experience with people from a wide range of cultures/ ethnicities and life experiences
- Ability to build/maintain relationships with stakeholder groups
- Ability to use initiative and work collegially within a team environment
- Willingness to grow and extend knowledge of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo Māori
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. For a full job description, click here.
What we offer
- A vibrant, open-plan office based in the heart of Mt Eden
- A positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements, and work from home Monday and Friday
- Half-day on Fridays during the summer daylight savings period
- A day off on your birthday and unlimited COVID sick leave
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary with equity remuneration policy
The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga - fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha - respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whānaungatanga - trusted relationships, whānau-centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti - innovation
- Toitū – sustainability.
This role sits within the Mental Health Foundation’s fundraising team and reports to the Individual Giving and Relationships Team Lead, based in Auckland
The salary for this role is $36,000 - $41,500 ($72,000 - $83,000 pro rata) and will be commensurate to the successful candidate's skills and experience.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness - or tāngata whai ora - and are an EEO employer. Rainbow and takatāpui candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply. The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
The Mental Health Foundation engages with a range of individuals, organisations and agencies and aligns closely with public health guidelines. As such, we strongly encourage employees and contractors to be vaccinated to help protect our team, our stakeholders, and vulnerable communities against contagious viruses such as COVID-19 and influenza.
Applications for this role must have a NZ Residency or valid work visa.