- Use your fundraising skills to help those living with mental distress
- Help us create a better Aotearoa
- Creative, flexible, vibrant team
Are you a senior fundraising communications and marketing professional looking for an opportunity to lead a team and create work that makes a difference to the lives of those living with mental distress?
The Mental Health Foundation wants to hear from you!
This is an exciting new role sitting in the communications and marketing team, working closely with the fundraising team to pull together all the threads of our different strategies and make sure our various campaigns, projects and projects have outstanding comms and marketing support wherever they have a fundraising angle.
You’ll lead a small team to own our fundraising key messages, co-lead the development of bespoke fundraising campaigns, support our larger campaigns like Pink Shirt Day, take the lead on all fundraising design briefs and look after all our fundraising comms and marketing needs.
It’s a role you’ll be able to make your own, working with brilliant colleagues committed to giving their all to our amazing cause.
If you have:
- Five+ years’ experience in a fundraising communications and marketing role
- Project management experience and skills
- Communications practitioner skills including writing, editing, interviewing, proofreading, preparation and overseeing the production of publications
- Experience managing contractor relationships
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience in website and intranet content management systems
- Experience with website content and social media
- Understanding of, and experience with people from a wide range of cultures/ ethnicities and life experiences
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Ability to build/maintain relationships with stakeholder groups
- Ability to use initiative and work collegially within a team environment i.e. preference for team working
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and practical application
- Existing knowledge of and willingness to grow and extend knowledge of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo Māori.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer
- A vibrant, open-plan office based in the heart of Mt Eden
- A positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements, including summer hours (half-day Fridays during daylight savings)!
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga - fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha - respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whānaungatanga - trusted relationships, whānau-centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti - innovation
- Toitū – sustainability.
This role sits within the Mental Health Foundation’s Communications and Marketing team and reports to the Communications and Marketing Manager. You will work closely with the Fundraising team.
The salary range for this role is $80,000 - $90,000 and will commensurate the successful candidate's skills and experience for the role.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness - or tāngata mātau-ā-wheako - and are an EEO employer.
The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
This role is based in Auckland.
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete this application https://mhfnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=74, and there you will find a copy of the job description.
The closing date for applications is 23 June, 2022 at 5pm.